- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing the black comedy while Fey and Lorne Michaels are producing.
The book recounts Barker’s arrival as a fish out of water in Kabul, filing stories about militants, being a woman in wartime Iraq and Pakistan, and dealing with boredom interspersed with dashes of violence and the promiscuous war-correspondent culture.
Freeman will play Fey’s unexpected love interest, a dedicated Scottish photojournalist. Robbie is a competing and hard-core on-air reporter.
Freeman couldn’t be busier as he comes off being nominated for an Emmy for starring in FX’s Fargo TV series and winning an Emmy for outstanding supporting actor in a miniseries or movie category for his performance as Watson in Sherlock.
The actor, repped by UTA and U.K.’s Creative Artists Management, is also about to unveil The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the climax of New Line’s fantasy trilogy that opens December 17, in which he stars as Bilbo Baggins.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day