- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Feb. 12 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Hipster boutique hotel Mama Shelter Hollywood is entering the diversity conversation — from behind the bar. The Selma Avenue property has announced a tongue-in-cheek nod to #OscarsSoWhite by offering a cocktail dubbed The Boycott that will be served during its viewing party. The drink consists of gin, Cointreau, Cherry Heering Liqueur, grenadine, and pineapple and lime juices with a splash of angostura bitters.
It’s one of three Oscar-related drinks — also on offer is The Spotlight and The Hateful8 — included in Mama Shelter’s Oscar weekend package. For $209 per night, guests receive a Hollywood sign-facing room, two Oscar-inspired cocktails, scripts of best picture nominated films and morning-after breakfast for two.
The Boycott (Courtesy of Mama Shelter Hotel)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day