- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Hot dating app The League is coming to L.A. this summer, after launching in San Francisco in November and expanding to New York City this month. The service is courting high-caliber L.A. singles, including Hilary Duff, Verve agent Zach Carlisle and Wizard World senior vp Courtney McVicker, who’s one of 7,500 Angelenos on the waitlist.
Others hoping to get into The League, which has raised $2.1 million in private beta, must be approved by founder Amanda Bradford and her team, who scrutinize applicants’ LinkedIn profiles as closely as their photos. But the latter isn’t a problem for L.A. prospects. Says Bradford: “Everyone’s camera-ready in L.A.”
May 24 at 1:40 p.m. The list of potential users has been updated.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day