- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Quick Pitch: Veterans of the flashiest moments of Hollywood’s neighborhood revival – JT Torregiani (Beso), Sylvain Bitton (Les Deux) and Gian-Paolo Veronese (the dance club AV, which bowed last year immediately next door) – have opened this rather restrained Italian restaurant in the middle of Cahuenga Boulevard’s infamous nightlife corridor. Amidst a homey décor of red brick and rough wood, plates filled with black truffle salumi, black lava salt-studded burrata and mozzarella-stuffed meatballs burst forth from the kitchen as reasonably modulated indie rock swells from the speakers. Bigger dishes range from thin-crust pizzas (pancetta, prosciutto) and pastas (gnocchi, agnolotti) to stomach-lining standbys (branzino, ossobucco).
The Insider’s Dish: In the summer, the owners plan to host indoor-outdoor soirees from the main dining room back through the rear patio and out on to the alley area beyond.
The Must-Order Item: Grilled lamb chops with kumquat confit.
The Industry Neighbors: Shine America, ID PR and World of Wonder.
1607 N. Cahuenga Blvd., L.A., 323.500.0969, aventinehollywood.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day