- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Quick Pitch: A spiffed-up former Holiday Inn (now called the Luxe City Center) makes the leap for culinary respectability too with a quietly assured menu of upmarket comfort courses (caramelized onion soup, fried chicken and waffles) and on-trend offerings (pork cheek ravioli with lardon, an heirloom salad studded with octopus). Take advantage of the second-floor patio for sweeping views of L.A. Live and Staples Center directly across Figueroa Boulevard.
The Insider’s Dish: Chef Michael Chavez-Martinez, who arrived after a stint at offal-oriented Little Tokyo cult haunt b.o.s., recently served as a production chef on the second season of ABC’s The Taste, ghost-cooking dishes on-set for judges like Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson.
The Must-Order Item: Bone marrow sliced length-wise and accompanied by a pork jam, bacon glace, brioche toast points and a 61-degree egg.
The Industry Neighbor: ESPN’s West Coast Broadcast Center is based at L.A. Live.
Stafford + Mathis Kitchen Restaurant at Luxe City Center Hotel, 1020 S. Figueroa St., L.A.; 213-748-1291
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day