- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Houdini has found his assistant.
Evan Jones will play nerdy magician’s assistant Jim in Lionsgate/A&E Studios’ four-hour miniseries, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Adrien Brody will star as the famous magician, who made the journey from underprivileged Yiddish immigrant to international legend, while Kristen Connolly will play his wife, Bess.
Uli Edel is directing and Gerald W. Abrams and Andras Hamori will serve as executive producers. History greenlighted the project, which chronicles the life of a man who defied death through his stunts and his mastery of illusion, in mid-August.
Jones’ character Jim is a shy but passionate fan of Houdini’s who meets his hero while working at a magic store. Jones’ credits include Jarhead, 8 Mile, The Book of Eli and Seth MacFarlane‘s upcoming A Million Ways to Die in the West. He’s repped by APA and Curtis Talent Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union