- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hub Network is ramping up its Halloween celebration this year.
The channel targeting kids and their families said it will broadcast The 1st Annual Hub Halloween Bash, a live event for families that celebrates the Oct. 31 holiday.
The special, to be produced by Bob Bain Productions, producers of Fox’s Teen Choice Awards and Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards, will feature what is being touted as the first-of-its-kind nationwide costume competition, with one finalist being chosen from every state in America.
The event will be hosted by a celebrity to be announced shortly. It also will include musical performers as well as celebrity presenters and judges.
“Since its launch in 2010, Hub Network has staked its claim to Halloween with family friendly, spooky programming that performs extremely well with kids and families,” Hub president and CEO Margaret Loesch said. “Just like the ball drop every year on New Year’s Eve, we believe this fun tentpole event will be a new cultural phenomenon around Halloween.”
The live-to-tape special will take place at Barker Hanger in Santa Monica and will air on Hub in late October. Bob Bain serves as executive producer, and Paul Flattery is producer for Bob Bain Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day