- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BarbieCollector.com has announced its newest “Hollywood doll”: the Katniss Barbie.
The Barbie-ized Hunger Games heroine costs $29.95, and there’s a limit of five dolls per order. However, if you read the fine print, the Katniss Barbie is on back order until Aug. 1. (That means it would show up just in time for the sequel to go into production!)
The doll was meant to be released today, April 9, but due to the popularity of the film, the collectors have already swooped in and claimed it. Also part of the Hollywood series: a Twilight bride, Dancing With the Stars Barbie, Grace Kelly Barbie, and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Barbie.
The Katniss Barbie has a face similar to Jennifer Lawrence, with one plump braid, sporting Katniss’ hooded jacket, military-style pants, flat boots and her proud mockingjay pin. A bow and arrow and quiver are included with the doll — just in case she gets in a tight spot.
“I chose to dress her in the outfit she wears during the games, since this is where all the nonstop action takes place and is instantly recognizable by fans,” the doll’s Mattel designer, Bill Greening, told EW.com. “Hopefully Hunger Games fans can appreciate the attention to detail.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day