- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Imax will return to the The Hunger Games with Mockingjay — Part 2, which will be digitally supersized and released in Imax 3D on Nov. 20.
The giant-screen exhibitor struck box-office gold with the original Hunger Games movie and the Catching Fire sequel. But Imax then skipped Mockingjay — Part 1 in favor of Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar.
“It’s exciting to be back in the Hunger Games world and once again team up with our partners at Lionsgate, director Francis Lawrence and producers Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik on what we believe will be a thrilling, action-packed finale to this blockbuster franchise,” Imax Entertainment CEO Greg Foster said in a statement.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 will see Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), with the nation of Panem in a full-scale war, confronting President Snow (Donald Sutherland) in the final showdown. Liam Hemsworth, Sam Claflin and Josh Hutcherson also return for the final installment of the hit series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day