- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Lionsgate and director Francis Lawrence on Monday started cameras rolling on The Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire.
Production is set to occur mostly in and around Atlanta, Georgia, before additional principal photography in the beaches and jungles of Hawaii until the shoot wraps around Christmas.
“We are so excited to be embarking on this adventure with Francis Lawrence, who has already exhibited immense creative vision and resourcefulness in casting the film and planning its look and feel,” said Lionsgate president of production Eric Feig.
To build buzz for the November 22, 2013 release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Lionsgate unveiled a contest to see 12 winning fans visit the film set and meet the cast and crew.
The main cast for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci and Donald Sutherland.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day