- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on an idea by Frost, the story sees a down-on-his-luck man (Frost) who reignites his long-dormant passion for salsa dancing thanks to a newfound love for his American boss (Jones.)
McShane is set to play the dance instructor teaching Frost his muy caliente moves.
Chris O’Dowd and Olivia Colman have previously been cast in the project, written by Jon Brown and being directed by James Griffiths, who is making his helming debut on the picture.
Big Talk Production is producing the movie, which is co-financed by Studiocanal, Film4 and the BFI Film Fund.
Cuban Fury will prove to be a more grounded film for McShane, who recently has been spending a lot of screen time in big-budget fantasy productions. Apart from playing Bieth in Huntsman, he appeared as Blackbeard in last summer’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and next summer plays a king in New Line’s Jack the Giant Killer.
McShane is repped by ICM Partners, Gallant Management, UK’s Independent Talent Group and Nelson Davis Wetzstein LLP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day