- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Drifting apart can be painful.
That’s the gist of the second trailer for Fox’s Ice Age: Continental Drift, the fourth installment of popular the series. The film finds Manny (Ray Romano), Sid (John Leguizamo) and Diego (Denis Leary) separated from their friends and families as Earth’s prehistoric supercontinent, Pangea, divides and leaves them to their own devices to make it back home.
The trailer gives us a look at Peter Dinklage’s (A Game of Thrones) turn as the villainous orangutan pirate Captain Gutt, who first appeared in a short attached to 2011’s Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. Gutt strikes a nice balance between menace and comedy in the trailer. When encountering our heroes, he demands they turn over their goods.
“Surrender your ship or face my fury,” Gutt bellows, to which he gets the frustrating reply from Sid: “Or face your furry what?”
The follow-up to 2009’s Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs is set for a July 13 release. It also features the voices of Queen Latifah, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Wedge, Aziz Ansari, Nick Frost, Joy Behar, Alan Tudyk, Heather Morris, Josh Gad, Kunal Nayyar, Alain Chabat and Nicki Minaj.
Watch the video blow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day