- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Days after being announced as publisher at IDW Publishing following the departure of Chris Ryall, Jud Meyers has been placed on administrative leave, The Hollywood Reporter can confirm.
Before his promotion to publisher, Meyers served as IDW’s global sales director since joining the company in August 2019. Prior to that, he had worked as director of sales and marketing at Humanoids. He had also worked as a comic book retailer with Blastoff Comics — a California store co-owned by Meyers and IDW writer Scott Tipton — as well as Earth-2 Comics.
Meyers was named publisher July 22 as part of a company-wide reshuffle that saw Jerry Bennington, formerly executive vp product management at the company, named president and Rebekah Cahalin upped to general manager and executive vp operations for both IDW Publishing and sibling company IDW Entertainment.
In a statement to THR, Ezra Rosensaft, IDW CEO, said, “IDW Publishing has decided to put Jud Meyers on administrative leave. President Jerry Bennington will assume his responsibilities as interim publisher at this time.”
The publisher declined to comment on the specifics of why Meyers was put on leave.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day