- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Portlandia returns for its second season Jan. 6 (10 p.m. EST), and in anticipation, the indie network issued a special illustration to commemorate episode No. 2, entitled “One Moore Episode.” The poster, created by Portland artist Justin Hampton, puts a sci-fi spin on the show and its cast members.
In an IFC-released video preview, series co-stars and co-creators Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein are shown becoming severely addicted to SyFy’s Battlestar Galactica. (See the clip below.) The episode, which will be streamed on the channel’s website New Year’s Day, was named for Battlestar creator Ron Moore.
Earlier this year, Moore’s 17th Precinct pilot, touted as a BSG reunion, was passed over by NBC, which instead picked up the fantasy procedural Grimm among other new series. However, the pilot — featuring Jamie Bamber and Patricia Helfer in a police drama about a supernatural small town — has surfaced online.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day