- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Coldplay won best tour at the iHeart Radio Music Awards on Sunday night.
To accept the award, frontman Chris Martin brought three children onstage with him to read his acceptance speech. Providing a chair for a young girl to be able to reach the microphone, she read aloud Martin’s comical and self-depricating speech.
“Hello, we are Coldplay,” said the little girl of her and the other children beside her. “Three of us are still looking good and feeling great. You wouldn’t believe it, but we are in our late 30s. If it wasn’t for our makeup team and stylists and this one weird-looking guy (pointing to Martin), we would give One Direction some competition.”
— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) March 6, 2017
The audience responded with many laughs, with the final words of the speech being, “Thank you! Now we are going to party hard!”
The three children first appeared onstage during Katy Perry’s opening performance of “Chained to the Rhythm.” The children dancers dressed as laborers to represent the child labor force.
The 2017 iHeart Radio Music Awards, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, took place at the Forum in Los Angeles on Sunday night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day