- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS is not moving forward with its Girl with a Dragon Tattoo style drama, Quean.
The Warner Brothers TV project has been tabled, the Hollywood Reporter has learned, with rumblings that the potential series was in fact too similar to Tattoo.
The news comes more than a month after CBS ordered Quean to pilot, fromThe L Word’s Ilene Chaiken. Joel Silver was also attached to the project, which centered on a femme hacker who helps the Oakland police solve crimes.
It wasn’t entirely new territory for Chaiken, who had a pilot in contention last year about a mom, played by Minnie Driver, turned detective. Her Real L Word is coming back for a third season on Showtime.
With Quean off the table, the network still has seven other drama projects in contention, including the Dennis Quaid-lead Ralph Lamb project and Mira Sorvino’s Trooper.
Email: Lacey.Rose@thr.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live