- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – As Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is released in North America this Friday, Twentieth Century Fox’s 3D sci-fi tentpole will expand onto 421 giant-screen Imax theaters worldwide.
Domestically, Prometheus will be released in 298 Imax theatres from June 8, simultaneous with the North American wide release.
Having already been rolled out internationally, Prometheus will play Friday in 123 Imax theaters overseas, with additional dates to be announced.
Imax reported a sell out of Prometheus at the BFI Imax Cinema in London, making it the top grossing theater for the film in Britain.
“With robust initial Imax results, it is clear that more and more sci-fi fans are choosing Imax as the best way to experience this must-see summer event,” Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”