- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
KARLOVY VARY – Imax is going to supersize the martial arts action film The Man of Tai Chi, from first-time director Keanu Reeves, for release on its screens in China on July 5.
The deal, a partnership with China Film Group, Wanda Group and Village Roadshow Pictures, will see the Mandarin-language film released on Imax screens as its premieres on screens nationwide in China.
Imax, reunited with The Matrix actor-director, said it will possibly expand its release of the China-U.S. co-production to other territories.
“We’re happy to be back in business with our longtime partner Keanu Reeves, an advocate of the Imax experience and a global star who has already proven to be very popular with our audiences,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement.
The Man of Tai Chi was co-produced by the China Film Group, Wanda Media, Village Roadshow Pictures Asia, and Universal Pictures.
It will be distributed internationally by Universal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day