- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Imax is to digitally super-size French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet for screening in its theaters in France beginning October 16.
While continuing its focus on local films, this time in France, Imax may expand the 3D adaptation of Reif Larsen‘s novel from Gaumont and the Amelie director elsewhere in the Imax circuit.
“With films like Amelie and A Very Long Engagement, Jean-Pierre Jeunet has a strong track record of creating adventurous, imaginative and emotional films that connect with audiences everywhere,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment in a statement Friday.
Imax will digitally re-master The Young and Prodigious T. S. Spivet, which portrays a 12-year-old cartographer on a solo journey from his Montana home to pick up an award at the Smithsonian Institution.
The road trip film, which stars Helena Bonham Carter and Kyle Catlett as T.S. Spivet, was shot in Quebec and Alberta.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day