- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Growing its Chinese footprint even further, Imax on Wednesday unveiled three new theater deals, including one more digital screen for existing partner Omnijoi Cinemas.
Toronto-based Imax also signed up separate new theater deals with Guangzhou Fanbo and Zhejiang Wandi International to bring to 229 the number of theaters set to open or contracted to open in China.
Omnijoi Cinemas will install another Imax theater in the city of Changzhou by November, a deal that follows the Chinese exhibitor signing a recent five-theater agreement to bring its Imax commitment to 14 screens.
Zhejiang Wandi will install an Imax screen in the Zhejiang Wandi International Cineplex in Lishui in January, and Guangzhou Fanbo has acquired an Imax screen for the Panyu district of Guangzhou that is set to open in September 2013.
Imax has offices in Beijing and Shanghai to help drive its expansion in China.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day