- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He was an adviser to WME on its acquisition of IMG that was announced late last year.
Reporting to WME/IMG co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, Shapiro will focus on developing content and new revenue streams. He will look for ways to package content from the different sports, fashion and media events IMG is involved in.
Shapiro is also a former president and CEO of theme parks operator Six Flags and has been mentioned as a candidate for various top industry jobs in recent years.
“Mark brings extensive experience in consumer entertainment, brand building, marketing, television programming and digital media to IMG,” said Emanuel and Whitesell. “Mark’s expertise will help us evolve our content, digital and production strategies across IMG’s events and media, fashion and models businesses globally and create new revenue streams.”
Said Shapiro: “I’m excited to join IMG at such a unique moment. No other company has access to such a diverse, innovative portfolio of content creators and distributors, and I look forward to helping create and champion our partners’ stories and ideas.”
Shapiro also serves as a director on the boards of Live Nation Entertainment and Papa John’s International, among other board roles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day