- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is set to reboot In Living Color.
Host Keenen Ivory Wayans will produce two half-hour specials based on his classic sketch comedy series from the early 1990s, which helped launch the careers of his own family as well as those of Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier and Jim Carrey, among others.
The revival is being billed as a contemporary take on the hit sketch comedy show that will feature a new cast of fresh, young talent as well as musical performances by special guests. The network will air the pairing this spring, with the option to order the show to series for next fall or mid-season.
The news comes mere months after Fox attempted to create an original sketch comedy series, In the Flow with Affion Crockett. The short-lived, half-hour series hosted by Affion Crockett and executive produced by Jamie Foxx.
The specials will be produced by Ivory Way Productions in association with 20th Century Fox TV spin off Fox 21, better known as the company behind Homeland, Breakout Kings and Sons of Anarchy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day