- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the heels of her breakout performance in Inherent Vice opposite Joaquin Phoenix, Katherine Waterston has nabbed the female lead in Universal’s Steve Jobs biopic, THR has confirmed.
Michael Fassbender is playing Apple founder and innovator Steve Jobs while Seth Rogen is attached to the role of co-founder Steve Wozniak. Waterston will play Chrisann Brennan, Jobs’ high school girlfriend, longtime partner and the mother of his first child.
Danny Boyle is directing the untitled film based on Walter Isaacson‘s book and adapted by Aaron Sorkin. Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon, Guymon Casady and Christian Colson are producing the project, which was first at Sony before Universal signed on to distribute.
Waterston plays the ex-wife of Phoenix’s character in Paul Thomas Anderson‘s Inherent Vice, now in theaters. She also has indies Queen of Earth and Manhattan Romance in the can.
Her previous films include The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her and Night Moves starring Jesse Eisenberg. She’s repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day