- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Inside Amy Schumer won the Emmy for outstanding variety sketch series at Sunday night’s ceremony.
In her acceptance speech, Schumer thanked her sister and the network and gave a special shout-out to her head writer, Jessi Klein.
“I almost made a stupid sex talk show that nobody wanted, and [Klein] got drunk and told me to follow my dreams and make my dream show,” Schumer said.
Schumer joked that she lacked writing experience before the show landed at the network.
“We all had to get Final Draft once they picked up our show — we didn’t own it,” Schumer cracked about the screenwriting software.
The Comedy Central show beat out Drunk History, Key & Peele, Portlandia and Saturday Night Live to take home the award.
The 67th annual Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony was hosted by Andy Samberg and took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day