- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyonce and Jay-Z have found themselves at the center of controversy following the birth of their first child, a daughter named Blue Ivy, on Saturday, Jan. 7.
Reports quickly surfaced that the power couple allegedly had rented out an entire floor of New York City’s Lenox Hill Hospital, paying a reported $1.3 million and allowing their bodyguards to prevent other parents from visiting their own newborns in the NICU and generally inconveniencing other patients. The hospital denied the reports, releasing the following statement:
“The family is housed in an executive suite at the hospital and is being billed the standard rate for those accommodations. Our executive suites are available for any patient, including the food service and amenities provided to the Carter family.”
TMZ has obtained photos of the executive suite in question, likening the pricey digs to a five-star hotel. Click through to see the VIP room, which includes a standard hospital bed as well as plenty of couch space for visiting friends and family and a small kitchen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day