- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert De Niro plays a 70-year-old intern in Nancy Meyers‘ latest movie. But judging by the first trailer for Warner Bros.’ The Intern, De Niro’s Ben becomes more than just a comically older apprentice to his young boss, startup CEO Jules Ostin (Anne Hathaway).
The preview, released Wednesday night, begins with some obvious jokes about Ben’s unusual situation being a part of their “seniors intern program … for seniors in life,” as Jules’ colleague, played by Andrew Rannells, describes it.
But Ben starts to really make a connection with Jules and her employees, including an office masseuse played by Rene Russo.
He seems to have the greatest impact on Jules, though.
When things take a disappointing turn for her (she’s told that investors want a “seasoned CEO” to “take some things off [her] plate”), she seems to take comfort in Ben.
The Intern, which Warners filmed in New York last summer, hits theaters Sept. 25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day