- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
French star Omar Sy (The Intouchables) has joined the cast of Colin Trevorrow‘s Jurassic World, the reboot of the blockbuster dinosaur action franchise.
The Cesar-winning actor this morning tweeted the news – in French and English – to his fans, saying he was a “fan of the saga from the beginning, I’m very proud to be part of the cast.”
Trevorrow wrote the screenplay to Jurassic World with Derek Connolly. Steven Spielberg, who directed the first Jurassic Park film in 1993, is producing Jurassic World together with Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley.
— Omar SY (@OmarSy) March 21, 2014
Universal is set to bow the film on June 15, 2015. Sy, who blasted to international fame with The Intouchables, which earned more than $425 million worldwide, will be seen next in Bryan Singer‘s X Men: Days of Future Past.
Sy is repped by Agence Adequat in France and by CAA in the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day