- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ion has acquired off-network rights to Canadian cop procedural Rookie Blue.
Rookie Blue, which averaged 7 million viewers in its most recent fourth season last summer on ABC, will start its syndicated run on the network beginning in the fall.
“We’re excited to enter into this agreement with the Disney-ABC Television Group and provide our audience with this fresh new police drama,” said Brandon Burgess, chairman and CEO of Ion Media Networks. “Rookie Blue fits seamlessly with our current roster of hit series and reinforces our commitment to viewers.”
Rookie Blue begins its fifth season in June and follows five rookie cops from 15 Division. Missy Peregrym, Gregory Smith, Ben Bass, Travis Milne, Enuka Okuma, Charlotte Sullivan, Peter Mooney, Priscilla Faia, Matt Gordon, Rachael Ancheril, Melanie Nicholls-King, Adam MacDonald and Aliyah O’Brien are joined by Oliver Becker and Matthew Owen Murray in the new season.
Tassie Cameron, Russ Cochrane, Ilana Frank, David Wellington and John Morayniss are executive producers. IFC Films produces, with Entertainment One (eOne).
Rookie Blue joins a slate of acquired shows on Ion, including Blue Bloods, The Listener, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Burn Notice, Psych and Leverage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day