- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ion Television on Monday unveiled a deal with Entertainment One for The Detail, a Canadian crime drama starring Shenae Grimes-Beech, known for her role on 90210, as a street-smart detective.
The deal follows Ion taking another eOne series, Private Eyes, starring Jason Priestley, who was on the original Beverly Hills, 90210, as a former pro hockey player-turned-detective. The U.S. channel has also aired other Canadian series like Saving Hope and The Listener.
The latest agreement sees Ion nab the exclusive U.S. TV rights to The Detail from ICF Films, eOne and Canadian broadcaster CTV.
Production on the 10-episode first season is underway, with Angela Griffin and Wendy Crewson co-starring. Ley Lukins is co-showrunner and executive producer, with Adam Pettle. Executive producer credits are also shared by Ilana Frank, John Morayniss, and Linda Pope.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day