- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perry drew criticism for likening himself to the footballer during a televised GOP debate in Sioux City, Iowa Dec. 16.
“There are a lot of folks out there who said Tim Tebow isn’t going to be a good NFL quarterback,” opined Perry. “Am I ready for the next level? Let me tell you, I am ready to be the Tim Tebow of the Iowa caucuses.”
The one minute ad says Tebow is persecuted by “the establishment sports guys” who say “he’s not smart enough, his mechanics are no good, he’s not accurate enough.”
It goes on to say that the Bronco’s QB’s good-guy habits may make detractors feel guilty (and also manages to take a swipe at Detroit Lions’ player Ndamukong Suh, who stomped on a Green Bay Packers player during a Thanksgiving Day game.
“He doesn’t drink, smoke, cuss or even kick his opponents when they’re on the ground,” says the voiceover, adding “He has no baggage and, oh yeah, he’s a born again Christian.”
According to the spot, these are all qualities he shares with Bachmann. “No baggage, Christian, and, like Tebow, she just keeps fighting and she just keeps winning votes.”
Watch the ad below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day