- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The English actress will star in a new Roundabout Theatre Company production of Sophie Treadwell‘s 1928 play Machinal. Inspired by the infamous 1927 murder trial of Ruth Snyder, the drama has not been seen on Broadway since its first run 85 years ago, which featured Clark Gable in his Broadway debut.
Roundabout’s production, to be directed by Lyndsey Turner, will begin previews on Friday, Dec. 20, with the official opening set for Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, at the American Airlines Theatre.
While Hall is known for her film work, including roles in Iron Man 3, Vicky Christina Barcelona and The Prestige, she has also appeared in several plays on the London stage and is the daughter of Peter Hall, founder of the Royal Shakespeare Company. In New York, she was seen at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in Shakespeare’s As You Like It, directed by her father, and at the same venue in Sam Mendes‘ Bridge Project productions of The Cherry Orchard and The Winter’s Tale.
Hall’s upcoming film projects include thriller Closed Circuit and Transcendence, opposite Johnny Depp. She is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day