- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the Film Independent Spirit Awards had an unofficial dress code, it would most definitely be bohemian chic. At the beachside awards show on Saturday, stars including Nikki Reed, Cate Blanchett and Dree Hemingway brought a dose of free-spirited fashion vibes to the blue carpet.
Arriving with hubby Ian Somerhalder, Reed opted for a floor-length patterned Etro gown with a plunging neckline cutout, amped up with a messy fishtail braid.
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY: Juno Temple, left, Dree Hemingway, and Cate Blanchett. (Photos: Getty Images)
Nominee Cate Blanchett also went the seventies route in a glamorous Gucci gown bedecked with an embroidered scene of a peacock and flowers.
Juno Temple’s perfectly unkempt curls were the perfect complement to her diaphanous Maison Valentino gown with embroidery creeping up its long sleeves.
And let’s not forget model Hemingway, who hit the carpet in a chiffon spaghetti-strap Chloe gown, laden with floor-dusting tassels. But judging by the Adidas sneakers that peeked out from underneath, Hemingway clearly didn’t get the dressy shoe memo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day