- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There were many similarities on the Tony Awards red carpet on Sunday night (Tommy Mottola’s uncanny resemblance to Michael Kors being one of them). But another double-take situation came when a bevy of stars each sported the same bow tie to American theater’s biggest night. And not just any bow tie — a midnight blue star-stamped stunner designed by Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson and husband Justin Mikita for The Tie Bar.
Bryan Cranston (who took home a Best Leading Actor statue for his work in All The Way), presenter RuPaul (who took to the stage just after Walter White won his award) and Rocky nominee Andy Karl each wore the design, which marks the second time Ferguson and Mikita have designed a Tonys look for The Tie Bar.
Sales from the $25 piece — which is currently available on thetiebar.com — benefit Tie the Knot, the couple’s nonprofit marriage equality foundation.
And since the bow tie (which has been deemed the “official” bow tie of this year’s Tonys) does happen to be a limited edition, you won’t have to worry about looking like every other person at the party — unless your party happens to be on the Great White Way.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day