- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actresses all opted for simple, monochromatic looks, with Fanning (in a strapless satin number) and Bonas (in a turtleneck sequined dress) both rocking party-ready frocks, whereas Kravitz and Cotillard opted for more casual ensembles.
Following on the heels of Louis Vuitton’s 2016 Cruise show last Thursday, Dior’s youthful, ‘70s inspired show at Pierre Cardin’s Bubble Palace attracted noticeably fewer American A-listers when compared to the star-studded crowd that feted LV’s Hollywood-friendly Palm Springs show. However, there were plenty of international editors (Miroslava Duma, Tim Blanks) and stylists (Brad Goreski) who made the trek to the palace located just outside of Cannes.
Raf Simons‘ plaid-heavy collection, which was originally slated to show in Los Angeles before a last-minute decision to move it to the whimsical Bubble Palace, was stunning against the warm brown exterior of the palace that overlooks the water. “I am inspired by…seascapes, earthscapes and how everything comes together,” said the designer on the Dior Cruise 2016 Snapchat story, where he also noted that “the artists Picasso, Matisse but also glamour” influenced the collection.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day