- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unfortunately, it was all downhill for Bobby after his footrace to the finish in the Talladega 500, McKay writes in Sports Illustrated. Bobby suffered a series of downgrades in sponsors, going from driving the Coke car to the Herbal Essences car to the Bear Stearns car.
But it was his tribute to catch-can man Alfred Ah, after a top-five finish at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, that brought Bobby’s racing career to an end.
Bobby yelled, “I want to give a huge thank you to Al Ah! Those that don’t recognize Al Ah are my enemy!!”
The crowd booed.
And now Bobby and his friend Cal Naughton Jr. run RB’s Smoke and Toke shop in Keneshaw, Ky., where they sell “quality water pipes and vaporizers,” for use with tobacco products.
McKay and Ferrell run Gary Sanchez Productions and co-wrote Talladega Nights, Step Brothers and both Anchorman films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day