- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Todd Strauss-Schulson, the director behind Rebel Wilson’s Valentine’s Day release Isn’t It Romantic, is taking his Silent Retreat to Miramax.
Strauss-Schulson will direct the comedy from a script he wrote with Matthew Fogel (Lego Movie 2).
Silent Retreat centers on Thomas and Gillian, a couple who are having relationship issues. Thomas’ best friend, Eric, and his recently widowed mother, Wanda, aren’t doing much better. The perfect solution? A meditation retreat that requires absolute silence for three days.
Production is aiming for a late spring/early summer shoot. Matthew Anderson will oversee for Miramax.
“Matt and Todd (who are best friends) have a new best friend in Miramax, a company who is bold and creatively supportive. We’re mostly just thrilled that someone believed in us enough to give us money to make a silent comedy about meditation,” Strauss-Schulson and Fogel said Thursday in a statement.
“We are really excited to go on this creative journey with Matt and Todd, who share such a unique vision,” said Miramax CEO Bill Block and vp Matthew Anderson.
Strauss-Schulson, whose credits include The Final Girls and A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, is repped by WME, 3 Arts and Bloom Hergott. Fogel is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day