- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Hungarian filmmaker Istvan Szabo has been snared as the president of the international jury for this year’s Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in July.
The Czech Republic festival has brought the filmmaker back to a festival after his movie Taking Sides screened nine years ago at the event.
Karlovy Vary Film Festival artistic director Karel Och said: “Nine years after having presented his film Taking Sides at the 37th KVIFF, Mr. Szabo will be back at the festival. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a distinguished and legendary artist heading the festival’s jury.”
Szabo’s films include the Oscar-winning Mephisto, Father, Lovefilm, Confidence, Colonel Redel, Hanussen, Meeting Venus and Being Julia.
Upcoming title The Door, starring Helen Mirren, details the story of a young maid and her relationship with her elder female employer, who is a writer.
The Czech shindig runs July 1 through 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day