- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He’s been responsible for terrifying audiences with Annabelle dolls, scary clowns and freaky nuns, but on Wednesday, screenwriter Gary Dauberman will have to deal with someone used to bringing fear to cowardly and superstitious criminals, writing Batman for DC Entertainment’s Cursed Comics Cavalcade — and The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive preview.
The story marks the first comic book work by Dauberman, best known for his work on the screenplays for Annabelle, It and The Nun. He’ll be staying in the DC Universe — but shifting media — for his next project: writing and producing (alongside James Wan) the Swamp Thing series for the DC Universe streaming service.
Dauberman’s story, illustrated by Riccardo Federici, is just one of 10 stories in the one-shot issue. Other stories include a Wonder Woman short by Vita Ayala and Victor Ibanez, a Superman story by Magdalene Visaggio and Minkyu Jung, and a revival for Jack Kirby’s The Demon by Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko.
Cursed Comics Cavalcade No. 1 will be released this Wednesday digitally and in comic book stores.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day