- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Financial details weren’t immediately detailed.
ITV has held a 25 percent equity stake in Mammoth since 2007 and has now acquired the remaining 75 percent. As part of the original deal, ITV Studios’ distribution business, ITV Studios Global Entertainment, has an agreement to exclusively distribute Mammoth’s productions.
ITV called Mammoth “one of the U.K.’s leading scripted production companies.”
Mammoth has produced such dramas as Endeavour, for ITV, and Parade’s End, for BBC Two and HBO). ITV said the Mammoth team is also working on new commissions, including Victoria for ITV and Book of the Dead for The Weinstein Company.
Mammoth’s Damien Timmer will lead the business as managing director. He is a former head of drama for ITV Productions. Mammoth co-founder Michele Buck will step down as joint managing director. While looking for new opportunities in the industry, she will remain exec producer on Agatha Raisin, A Tale of Two Cities and Lewis, which she produces with ITV Studios.
Said Julian Bellamy, managing director, ITV Studios UK: “Damien and the team are one of the most impressive and sought after drama producers in Britain. From Endeavour to Poldark, they’ve an uncanny knack of developing hit after hit and we’re delighted they’re joining the ITV Studios family.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day