- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“ITV confirms that it is in exclusive discussions regarding an acquisition of Talpa. These discussions may or may not result in agreement of a transaction,” ITV said in a statement.
The Dutch mogul has 100 percent control of the company. Both ITV and Talpa initially declined to comment on the takeover speculation.
ITV in its statement also said: “ITV is continually assessing opportunities to grow and develop its business in line with its strategy, including the assessment of potential acquisitions.”
ITV, whose flagship network is the U.K. home of X Factor and Downton Abbey, has been expanding its ITV Studios unit to become less reliant on advertising revenue. In recent years it has acquired such U.S. companies as Gurney Productions, the company behind Duck Dynasty; Real Housewives of New Jersey producer Leftfield; Cake Boss maker High Noon Entertainment; Hatfields & McCoys producer Thinkfactory Media and Teen Wolf‘s DiGa Vision.
8:10 am PST, Feb. 27 Updated with statement from ITV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day