- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Due to air stateside on Fox starting in September, the show is based on the movie franchise and stars Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans in the roles made famous by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.
Lethal Weapon was picked up from Warner Bros. International Television Distribution in a move ITV said marked the return of acquired content to its primetime schedule.
The deal was brokered by Sasha Breslau, the U.K. network’s head of acquired series, and Jonathan Vandermeer, controller of acquisitions, rights and regulatory.
“We’re absolutely delighted to be bringing Lethal Weapon to our main channel,” ITV’s director of television Kevin Lygo said Monday in a statement. “It’s rare that we find an acquisition with that sweet-spot potential — the best production values and hugely entertaining drama, that we think can appeal to the biggest and broadest audiences and take up a place in ITV primetime. We saw Lethal Weapon and were immediately excited by what it could add to the ITV schedule, and we’re really looking forward to bringing the series to U.K. viewers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day