- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The U.K. network’s head of drama — and former BBC drama chief — Polly Hill has commissioned The Widow, a new eight-part drama from the brothers.
The Widow follows a woman who has cut herself off from her previous life, but is pulled back and forced to seek the truth about what happened to the man she loved while he worked in Africa.
The drama comes from the Williams siblings’ own Two Brothers Pictures banner, which produced last year’s hit comedy Fleabag and was recently acquired by TV powerhouse All3Media.
“Harry and Jack really are masters of complex emotional and unpredictable storytelling,” said Hill, who exec produced The Missing while at the BBC. “The Widow is a brilliantly relevant, contemporary story that constantly surprises and I am delighted to have it on ITV. I think it will be a real treat for our audience.”
The series will go into production during the winter of 2018 in Wales, Africa and the Netherlands.
All3Media International will distribute the drama globally.
Liar, a six-part series written by the Williams brothers and also produced by Two Brothers, will air on ITV later this year. It stars Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey) and Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic 4).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day