- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a statement, ITV said that David Tennant and Olivia Colman would be reprising their roles as detectives Alex Hardy and Ellie Miller in the third season. Other cast details and filming dates are yet to be confirmed.
Series creator and writer Chris Chibnall will return, alongside show producers Kudos, part of the Endemol Shine Group, and Imaginary Friends Productions.
“Chris Chibnall knows exactly how to keep viewers guessing, and I’m delighted that he is going to take the story onto the next stage,” said ITV’s director of drama Steve November.
Added Chibnall: “We’ve been overwhelmed that nine million people every week have continued to join us on the twists and turns of Broadchurch. This third chapter has been a glint in my eye for a long time, and I’m thrilled to be writing these characters once again.”
In the U.S., the show has aired on BBC America and was remade for Fox for one season as Gracepoint.
The second season of Broadchurch has drawn mixed reviews and ratings in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day