- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tenacious D, the mock-rock duo comprised of Jack Black and Kyle Gass, will release its third album and first effort in six years, Rize of the Fenix, in May.
Fenix follows the group’s 2001 self-titled album, which featured funny-but-actually-awesome-and-well-written rock tracks like “Wonderboy” and “Tribute” and 2006’s The Pick of Destiny, which served as the soundtrack to their film Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny.
Black spent the hiatus starring in comedies like Be Kind Rewind, Gulliver’s Travels and both Kung Fu Panda‘s, while Gass has appeared in films like Extreme Movie and Black’s Year One.
The duo is included on the newly announced lineup for the Sasquatch! Music Festival, which will invade the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash. from May 25-28. Tenacious D recently supported the Foo Fighters on the Australian leg of their Wasting Light tour last year.
Watch Foos frontman Dave Grohl play a demon in the 2002 music video for “Tribute:”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day