- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Public Television’s popular music series Front and Center will return for its second season with a performance by Jack Johnson.
The nine episode run, which kicks off in September, will also feature sets by Train, Buddy Guy, Jake Bugg, Preservation Hall Jazz Band (see photo below), The Rides, Rock Candy Funk Party, Zakk Wylde & The Les Paul Trio and Grey & Mofro.
The show is filmed at such prestigious New York venues as Jazz at Lincoln Center’s The Allen Room, The Iridium in Times Square and the McKittrick Hotel.
Says Johnson: “Front and Center allows artists to do something different. There is a type of energy and real immediacy, kind of a conversation that starts to happen between you and the audience.”
Preservation Hall Jazz Band’s Ben Jaffe says, “Front and Center captured the soul of our performance. The McKittrick Hotel is our New York City home; it’s one of those rare spaces that is as rewarding an experience for the artist as it is for the audience.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day