- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pine plays Jack Ryan, the Wall Street analyst-turned-CIA-agent in the new Kenneth Branagh action movie based on Tom Clancy‘s novel. While on the trail of a terrorist plot in Moscow, he finds himself being chased down by a gunman in a hotel room. He narrowly escapes his grasp by going for the kill, with the help of the bathroom’s tub.
Pine told The Hollywood Reporter about filming the newly released scene. “It’s terrifying for the character because of the well-trained, well-armed foe. And there’s Jack, who wasn’t expecting it at all,” he said during the cover shoot. “He’s not well-trained enough to really know how to get out of it, so he has to really use his mind and really think on his feet.”
Ryan is also shown meeting Harper, played by Kevin Costner. “You’ve got to pick somebody to trust, Jack. Now, sit down,” he says to Ryan, whose hands are shaking uncontrollably after what he’s just done upstairs. Harper reassures him: “It’s better they’re shaking afterward than during,” and tells Ryan of his own first kill.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit opens in theaters Jan. 17. Watch the extended scene above, which also shows Keira Knightley as Cathy, Ryan’s in-the-dark fiancee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day