- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A toxicology report released Wednesday by the West Goshen Township Police reveals that Jackass star Ryan Dunn was drunk when he crashed his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 early Monday morning in Pennsylvania, killing himself and passenger Zachary Hartwell.
Dunn’s blood level was .196, more than twice the legal limit for drivers in Pennsylvania. The high .196 level indicates that alcohol made up nearly one-fifth of the total blood coursing through his body.
Dunn was driving at least 130 miles an hour before the accident, which engulfed his vehicle in flames. West Goshen police told reporters that Dunn’s speed had been estimated after a team reconstructed the accident.
Dunn’s car collided with a guardrail and crashed in the woods.
After news of Dunn’s death broke, several in Hollywood who were close to him took to Twitter to mourn.
“Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn,” fellow Jackass star Johnny Knoxville tweeted. “My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan,” he added, finishing with: “I love you buddy.”
Dunn appeared in all three Jackass movies, the Jackass TV show and several offshoots of the brand including Steve-O: Out on Bail, Viva la Bam and Bam Margera: Serious as Dog Dirt.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day