- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackie Chan has revealed he could be heading to India later this year to shoot action comedy Kung-Fu Yoga.
The India-China co-production was first announced in 2014 as a partnership between Viacom18 Motion Pictures India and China’s Taihe Entertainment Corp. and Shinework Media, and is slated to reunite Chan with director Stanley Tong following their earlier projects Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story and The Myth.
In an interview with The Hindustan Times newspaper, Chan said, “I am planning to start a new movie called Kung Fu Yoga. So, I will be returning to film it in India. Hopefully, we will start filming in autumn.”
Kung-Fu Yoga is considered the first project to emerge from the India-China co-production treaty which was signed last September.
Chan has visited India before and has previously worked with Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat, who appeared in his 2005 film The Myth. His last visit in 2013 saw him launching a Chinese film festival in New Delhi which opened with Chan’s Chinese Zodiac.
Chan’s latest actioner Dragon Blade — co-starring John Cusack, Adrien Brody and Lin Peng — released across India over the weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day