- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackie Collins’ life will be getting the documentary treatment from John Battsek, the Oscar-winning producer behind Searching For Sugar Man and One Day In September, and Lizzie Gillett.
Laura Fairrie will direct Lady Boss: The Jackie Collins Story that will chronicle the life of the best-selling novelist — a life that oftentimes rivaled the plots of her novels. Collins, who also held court as a screenwriter, producer and general Hollywood fixture, passed away in 2015.
Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios will handle global distribution rights on behalf of Battsek and Gillett’s Passion Pictures.
CNN Films, with recent doc work that includes Apollo 11, RBG, Three Identical Strangers, will retain broadcast television rights in North America. BBC Arts will retain broadcast television for BBC Two on terrestrial television and VOD rights in the U.K.
Ford is executive producing Lady Boss, alongside CNN Worldwide’s Amy Entelis and CNN Films’ Courtney Sexton, BBC Arts’ Mark Bell, and Rachel Traub.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day