- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Watch out, Bruce Wayne. It looks like Jaden Smith is trying to steal your gig.
The 16-year-old, who is no stranger to dressing outside the box, attended his prom on Saturday wearing a white Batman costume, complete with a protective chest plate, fingerless gloves and a floor-dusting cape.
But don’t worry — Smith didn’t completely ignore prom’s sacred black-tie dress code. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith‘s progeny posed for photos wearing a tan jacket and necktie over the skin-tight ensemble, and saved the mask for later on in the evening. But this isn’t Batman — er, Jaden’s — first costumed appearance at a fancy event. He was also spotted in full superhero regalia at Kimye’s wedding last year, where he posed for photos with regular civilians Kourtney Kardashian and Joe Francis.
Though there are several Instagram posts of Smith’s unusual prom-semble, the teen hasn’t yet given an explanation as to why he decided to rock the costume. Perhaps he was taking a stand against the typical tuxedo, which is more fitting for Batman foe the Penguin. And dressing like your mortal enemy at prom just isn’t acceptable.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day